Tuesday, September 10, 2013

High Priced $Bargain$

I love the fall season and glad it is upon us.  I enjoy the cool weather (top of the list), beautiful colors, energized spirit, and knowing that in just a few short days we will gather as family and friends for the holidays. 

My fall pick of plants for what few flower spots I have is the mum plant.  Each year I try to plant at least one more plant, hoping that it will survive the cold of winter and the heat of summer to bring on a beautiful bush of color for our yard. 



The weekend of our garage project sent me to ACE hardware for some hooks to hang items on the walls.   On my way in the store I noticed they had mum plants special priced for the weekend.  I said to myself, "I'll pay for 6 plants and get them on my way out." 
 
Wanting to get the best plant for my money, I was looking over the display when I spotted the best plants towards the back out of the heat.  As I came up from reaching for a couple of plants I smacked my head on another display rack they had against the building. 
 
Now I have to say it stunned me and I said "Ouch that hurt". 
 
I carried three plants to the car, went back for the other three plants and discovered as I bent over that my head had blood running down it.  So I walked to the car at an angle to keep the blood from running down onto my clothes and grabbed a towel from the trunk to hold against the cut and drove myself to the emergency room of the hospital.  Luckily it was a superficial wound and didn't require any stitches. 
 
 And there you have, bargain mum plants..nope!!! The medical charges are going to far exceed the cost of the mums!
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment